My DLF Christie decided we should do a Pinterest craft. You might have seen the pin floating around:
After doing some research (due to pins with no information, hello pet peeve) I tracked this artsy-craft to this blog Virginia & Charlie. Some commenters mentioned that Elmer’s glue didn’t work, this tutorial linked above used puff paint. We did use Elmer’s glue, not knowing any better. In retrospect I did have some globby lines and a different glue would have been easier to control. Christie and I sketched on canvas and then traced our designs over the sketches. Don’t mind my blue canvas with white lines, this was a pre-used canvas. You can definitely see the globs when I did these loops… the glue ran and filled in.
Here is Christie’s less globby design:
My mostly completed glue design – before I painted white over it.
And the finished product:
Its not quite perfect due to the globs, I guess I could have wiped it off when it was still wet, but at the time I didn’t have that much foresight. And where the glue had an air bubble it left a little hole that was impossible to cover with just paint. Overall I feel moderately happy with my pea-chicken. I think he would make a good embroidered throw pillow. Maybe I should learn to embroider. I did make a pillow in 6th grade at a homeschool convention, and I definitely enjoyed embroidery. (yes, the one year of my entire life when I was not in public school).